The Other Fifteen

Eighty-five percent of the f---in' world is working. The other fifteen come out here.


Call now and we'll send you this free travel-sized syringe!

I like to call it the "Sharper Image effect" - if you charge more for utter crap, some people won't realize it's utter crap. (By the way: what utter scuzzbuckets, huh?) Well, apparently it's true for drugs, as well.

Sabernomics says that this could explain why athletes take HGH, despite the evidence that it doesn't work. I know it tends to work for milk. Your experience may vary, but I've checked every kind of milk there is at Hy-Vee (our local grocery chain), and you know what? Every single one of them is bottled at the exact same place. You slap a brand-name on it, and voila, it costs more!

(What makes this especially galling is the fact that Hy-Vee has two generic brands, and one costs more than the other. It always amazes me that people are willing to pay a premium for the same milk just so that it says Hy-Vee rather than County Fair.)

Labels:

1 Responses to “Call now and we'll send you this free travel-sized syringe!”

  1. # Blogger Samael2681

    I was just thinking about the same thing in regards to Hy-Vee milk last week when I went grocery shopping. Get out of my head!!! (in a Seth Green playing Chris Griffin on Family Guy voice).  

Post a Comment